Monday 25 May 2015

Installing dotproject on Ubuntu 14.04

Had to install dotproject on Ubuntu 14.04 for a client this morning I used THIS site and modified the steps slightly:

I used a newly installed Ubuntu 14.04 x64 servier for this install.

Make sure that the server was up to date:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y

Install Prerequisits:

aptitude install mysql-server mysql-client
php5 php5-mysql unzip libphp-jpgraph libgd-tools

Downloaded the latest version of Dotproject from THIS site:

wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/dotproject/files/latest/download

Enable GD support for php5:

apt-get install php5-gd

Enable LDAP support for php5:

apt-get install php5-ldap


FIXING error on install of dotproject 2.1.5:

When I installed dotproject 2.1.5 on Ubuntu 14.04 (the same version as my original dotproject) I got the following error:

DB setup incomplete - the following errors occured:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14) NOT NULL, `note_modified_by` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRI' at line 15
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MyISAM' at line 10

I found THIS site that had the fix:

I had the same error. I edited the commands that create the user_access_log table in the dotproject.sql file as follows:

was:
) TYPE=MyISAM

Now:
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;


I also got a SQL syntax error a few lines up in the code block that creates the 'common_notes' table.

Was:
`note_modified` timestamp(14) NOT NULL,

Now:
`note_modified` timestamp NOT NULL,

I was doing a clean install so I deleted the incomplete database that was set up on my first try as well as the dotproject directory on my server. I re-extracted the zip file, edited the dotproject.sql file as described above, and ran the installation again. No more errors!

I have not noticed any problems with the installation but I am not a SQL guru so I don't know if the changes I made will have any adverse effects, particularly if you are upgrading from a previous installation.








No comments:

Post a Comment